Thursday 16 May 2013

Guilty passions!


For a long time I searched for this eighties Brandon Chapman Santa Monica Airlines deck, on the forums a few were offered, but not at friendly prices. Before the recent slew of reissues I painted a few vintage decks, in return for other decks which started a collection, and an interest in designing them. So Ragtime was my brand, and I did models for favourite skaters. None of them were produced, but it would be great sometime to get one made.

Since school I always loved the cultural savvy in skateboard graphics, the Ron Cameron features Cameron from the Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles tv show, and the scene where she is deciding what to do with a pigeon!

In the end I decided to paint the Chapman using oil paints, of course the original is a screen print, but the chunky paint has a similar raised texture. I really loved the graphic!




cloudpine451, santa monica airlines

cloudpine451, santa monica airlines

cloudpine451, ray barbee

cloudpine451, ron cameron, terminator the sarah connor chronicles

cloudpine451, ray barbee

cloudpine451, ray barbee

No comments:

Post a Comment