Sunday 7 May 2017

Dan Simmons - Hyperion / The Fall of Hyperion

dan simmons, hyperion, cloudpine451




dan simmons, the fall of hyperion, cloudpine451



I recently finished reading the last in the series, The Rise of Endymion, and it is as a whole the most ambitious story I have experienced in any genre.

It has taken a long time to get through the four tomes, and I needed to repeat Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion before beginning the two Endymion books, set three hundred years or so after the Hyperion books.

I won't attempt analysis of the story, as this is better found elsewhere, but this is the most amazing tale, with an array of really nifty ideas and philosophy. It chases the cosmos much more than the vast majority of the big science fiction authors I have read.

http://hyperioncantos.wikia.com




No comments:

Post a Comment